andmorefood decided to give me the Liebster Award, which is an award given to promising, new bloggers with under 200 followers. So, thank you andmorefood!
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
11 facts about myself (not gonna lie I got lazy with this because I answered andmorefood’s questions first):
1. I live in New York City.
2. I live with a guy.
3. And a cat.
4. His name is Justin.
5. Her name is Lucy.
6. He is currently sitting next to me.
7. So is she.
8. I am hungry right now.
9. And thirsty.
10. My favorite show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
11. I am in love with Tilda Swinton.
Questions from andmorefood:
1. What would you keep as a heirloom recipe/technique?
I’m guessing the question is asking what would you pass down? I don’t really have any recipes that were passed down to me. I’m still very young in my baking/cooking skills, but at this point in time my granola and banana bread recipes are what I’m most proud. It’s hard to say “heirloom” recipe because I feel in this day and age everything has already been done, so nothing is truly your own. It’s all a collection of things other people have already picked up along the way and you just happened to stumble upon.
2. How would you like to be remembered – or for what would you like to be remembered?
3. What’s your favorite regional cuisine – and what would you recommend?
Sushi and Indian are probably my go to categories. I love Saag, Vindaloo, Eel w/ avocado, Tuna w/ mango, Spicy Salmon. When I go out to eat it’s usually for things I can’t “easily” make at home.
4. What’s your oldest food memory?
I pretty much cut my index finger off because I wanted an apple and my dad was watching Star Trek: TNG. He kept forgetting I wanted an apple so I finally took matters into my own hands. I had never used a knife before and in my child mind reasoned the largest would be the easiest to cut with, well it certainly was. It went right through the apple, cutting through the nerve and tendon, hitting the bone. The biggest disappointment of the day was getting home from the ER several hours later, starving, only to find my apple had dried out and browned on me. Despite the trauma of that day it didn’t manage to sway my love for apples or Mr. Patrick Stewart.
5. What’s the most recent technique you’ve learnt – in cooking or whatever hobby you have?
I made eclairs for the first time on New Year’s. They came out perfectly. I followed this recipe.
6. Where is your dream destination (budget aside)?
France. I love bread, I hear they do good bread.
7. If you left only one thing for your children, what would it be?
Good thing I don’t have children. If I did though I would leave them a survival guide such as this, because I imagine I would be leaving them in my older age as to not slow down the group during the apocalypse.
8. Could you recommend a great book – maybe a novel or even something based on your hobby?
See above. Kidding aside, Of Human Bondage has my heart.
9. Stay in, or stay out?
10. What’s your pick-me-up? (or is that a pick-you-up)
Well I would hope it would be baking, otherwise this blog is a complete waste of time.
11. What do you think will be the next food craze?
Probably that whole raw thing, that’s been flying under the current for a while now.
I’m new to this whole wordpress thing so hopefully I picked people who actually have less than 200 followers, I apologize if they don’t.
Here are the blogs I have found so far (it’s a work in progress):
My questions for my nominees:
1. Would you rather live as a squatter but be passionately in love with someone OR get a million tax free dollars each year but your love life will be cold and empty?
2. Would you rather have no legs or no arms?
3. You are an alien from a distant planet–what is your name and what planet do you hail from?
4. Astronaut or caveman–who wins? No, the astronaut doesn’t have fancy laser beams and the caveman doesn’t have a club.
5. You are an evil genius, where is your secret lair?
6. What do you have protecting said lair?
7. If you could spend one night in bed with any historical figure who would it be? For those of you all lovey dovey with their significant other you can change this to “have to.”
8. You can only eat one food item or recipe for the rest of your life (it magically gives you all your necessary nutritional content), what is your dish?
9. You suddenly go color blind but it’s a special color blind, one that allows you to only see one color and all its shades, what color do you see?
10. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
11. You can only listen to one record for the rest of your life, what is your album?