The wonderful Chef Janet Rorschach nominated me for my second Leibster award a while back and I kind of dropped the award ball. Then Pocketful of Sugar nominated me for the Super Sweet Bloggers Award and it reminded me I should get back on it. So here I am, getting on it. I still have 1,000 or so people to nominate. I’m exaggerating of course it’s more like 20 or 30, but still that’s a lot especially when I try and not nominate people who have just been nominated. But then I try and go through the Freshly Pressed section and it’s filled with posts of people who just copy and paste recipes from other websites with no other thought put into it. I’m sorry you don’t get an internet award for that. Maybe I’m stingy. On to the award.
The Liebster Award Rules:
1) Post 11 things about yourself.
2) Answer the questions that your nominator posted for you.
3) Create 11 questions and nominate 11 up and coming blogs and link them in the post.
4) Go to their page and tell them.
11 Things about me:
- I am wearing a dragon onesie right now and that makes me super awesome.
- I am very hungry right now but can’t motivate myself to make food so I’m stuffing myself with triscuits.
- I live in a studio apartment, but you should kind of know that already.
- I met Brian Posehn yesterday, he seemed cool.
- I wear hats constantly. Not because I hate my hair I’m just deathly afraid of earworms. Hats are the melodies’ only weakness.
- My cat is an asshole.
- Someone once asked me to show my boobies and cooter to Tom Hooper. I told them unless they slipped and meant Quentin Tarantino then I politely refuse.
- Were you aware Eric Bana is a talented actor? Because I’m not.
- Spencer Tracy and Colin Hay own very large pieces of my heart.
- My favorite book is Of Human Bondage.
- I’m referred to as a gamine so much that it’s become one of the ways I describe myself, it kind of makes me feel like a douche but it saves me the trouble of having to have the conversation with people. “You know who you remind me of?” “Yes, every gamine-like individual that has ever existed ever.”
Answers to Chef Janet Rörschåch‘s questions:
- What was the last thing that touched your heart?
5 years ago I had open heart surgery. So I would say my cardiac surgeon’s hands.
- What is the one characteristic you most admire in others?
Any that’s most similar to that of my own.
- What is your relationship with toast?
We’re no longer on speaking terms.
- Really. Cake or death?
“Death please…no cake, cake!”
- Vegan or Carnivore?
- Braise or sous vide?
I don’t speak Spanish.
- What’s the one thing you wish you would do everyday for the rest of your life?
Make a million dollars.
- What song do you play to cheer you up?
Horses by Patti Smith.
- What do you collect?
The tears of my foes.
- Where is the one place in the world you would like to visit?
Ask me that when I have money to go anywhere.
- Wine, beer, or another kind of alcohol?
Bitters straight up. I like to regret my decisions as soon as I make them.
My 11 questions to the universe:
- Porn star name? Usually you do your first pet name and first street you lived on.
- You are a music icon, what music do you sing?
- You are an alien from a distant planet–what is your name and what planet do you hail from?
- Astronaut or caveman–who wins? No, the astronaut doesn’t have fancy laser beams and the caveman doesn’t have a club.
- You are an evil genius, where is your secret lair?
- What do you have protecting said lair?
- Who is your superhero nemesis?
- If you could spend one night in bed with any historical figure who would it be? For those of you all lovey dovey with their significant other you can change this to “have to.”
- You can only eat one food item or recipe for the rest of your life (it magically gives you all your necessary nutritional content), what is your dish?
- You suddenly go color blind but it’s a special color blind, one that allows you to only see one color and all its shades, what color do you see?
- You can only listen to one record for the rest of your life, what is your album?
I’m still working on the nominees for my other Leibster award…I suck I know.